3rd Interventions in Aging Conference
A plethora of genetic, dietary and pharmacological interventions can extend healthy lifespan in laboratory animals, and can delay or ameliorate diverse aging-related diseases. Many of the signalling pathways involved are evolutionarily conserved, and are starting to be implicated in human aging. This raises the intriguing possibility of performing preventative medicine against the chronic diseases of our time by targeting the main risk factor for all of them, namely aging. Two important current challenges in the field are (1) to understand the downstream pathways by which longevity interventions combat age-related loss of function and pathology, and (2) to translate the findings into the extension of human healthspan.
This third meeting will continue to explore these topics, with particular emphasis on the systemic environment, mitochondria, biomarkers and frailty, immune aging and the protective effects of natural products.
- Identify and understand translational approaches to extend human healthspan
- Understand emergent areas of research in aging
- Obtain an advanced view on the molecular biology and genetics of aging
- Understand for profit approaches to mitigate human aging
- Basic scientists in the field of aging research using animal models.
- Human researchers interested in biomarkers of aging
- Clinical trials specialists in aging and associated diseases.
- Scientists and other professionals developing aging interventions.
- Investors looking to enter this new space
- Educated public
Scientific chairs: Linda Partridge (University College London) and Brian Kennedy (The Buck Institute for Research on Aging)
Academic from: USD 1822.0
Industry from: USD 1822.0
Student from: USD 1533.0
Speakers: Shin-ichiro Imai (Washington University in St. Louis), Darren Baker (Mayo Clinic), Janet Lord (University of Birmingham), Joan Mannick (Restorbio), Aleksandra Trifunovic (University of Cologne), Dennis Villareal (Baylor College of Medicine)
Time: 2:00 pm to 12:00 pm
Registration Website: http://go.evvnt.com/224625-1?pid=4870
Submitted by Love Evvnt, Evvnt on Sunday, 3 March 2019 at 2:00 PM
|Event Date: ||3 March 2019 - 6 March 2019
||Contact Person: ||Conference Manager
|Venue: ||Meliá Nassau Beach All Inclusive, Nassau West Bay Street, Nassau
||Tel: ||00 44 1638 724137
Category: Consumer Technology
Brought to you by Scoopasia [http://scoopasia.com]