Effective Workplace Communication
Why is this important?
“Work is easy, it is the people that is the problem!”. If this is how you feel in the workplace, an area to explore and improve is communication.
We know communication is important yet many a times work becomes challenging due to miscommunication, misunderstanding and vague communication with one another.
This is an excellent workshop for you if you are looking for simple and practical ways to improve your communication at the workplace.
How will you benefit?
After the workshop, you will be able to:
- understand and appreciate the purpose and value of communication
- identify 4 communication styles; strengths and weaknesses
- communicate effectively with people of different communication styles
- create the 'zone' for effective communication
- use the appropriate communication tool in the workplace
- manage a 'gossip moment' without getting into trouble
- deal with difficult conversations confidently
What will you learn?
Communication at work
- What is effective communication?
- Characteristics of good communication at the workplace
People and personalities
- People are uniquely different
- Understand your communication style and others'
- Understand and recognise the strength and weaknesses of the different styles
- Adapt communication style to strengthen work relationship
The science of communication
- Recognise how words influence thoughts
- Use the right word for the right occasion
- Impact of non-verbal language on communication
A structured conversation
- Having a structured conversation framework
- Practice, practice, practice
Discovering unconscious communication
- Understand our communication filters
- Develop probing question to make conscious the unconscious
Manage a challenging/ difficult conversation confidently
- Identify the emotional state
- Confirm the demonstrated negative behaviour
- Move towards an objective solution
Who should attend?
Anyone who wants to communicate clearly at the workplace.
Registration Website: http://eontraining.com.sg/courses/public-courses/communication/effective-workplace-communication/
Submitted by EON Consulting & Training Pte Ltd, Effective Outsource Networks on Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 9:00 AM
|Event Date: ||6 December 2017
||Contact Person: ||Ms Florence Quak
|Venue: ||Singapore Management University, 90 Stamford Road, Singapore 178903
Brought to you by Scoopasia [http://scoopasia.com]